San Diego Gives is a year-round program that promotes nonprofit sustainability and donor education. In 2023, efforts culminate in an online, region-wide Day of Giving on September 7th, followed by a Day of Volunteer Service on September 8th. More than 300 nonprofits are participating, and Berry Good Food is proud to be one of them.
Berry Good Food qualified to join participating nonprofits like United Way, Mama’s Kitchen, Boys & Girls Clubs, and many others when it was able to demonstrate high quality leadership, fiscal and program management, and a demand for services. San Diego Gives also stipulates that any funds raised on September 7th must remain in San Diego County, which is the area where BGF concentrates the majority of its services, in addition to northern Baja.
Our grass-roots nonprofit has come a long way in 8 years, but we have so much more we can do, with your help. Please consider making a donation through San Diego Gives today to support our participation in this county-wide effort.
Now in its third year, the program shines a light on local, pressing needs and the impactful responses of
our nonprofit community via robust communications, an interactive website, volunteer opportunities, and
an online crowdfunding campaign. All funds raised remain in San Diego to bolster our region. Last year,
$1,008,674 was raised for 327 nonprofits and thousands of donors were engaged, with many making first-time gifts.
San Diego Gives benefits participating nonprofits by:
- Providing funding and volunteer support.
- Obtaining media attention from local news outlets and podcasts covering the campaign.
- Attracting new donors and volunteers in cost-effective ways.
- Offering ways to meet, learn, and share knowledge with other organizations.
- Providing individual mentoring and 35+ experiential personal and professional development opportunities through San Diego Gives University.
- Utilizing a user-friendly giving and donor acknowledgement platform, freeing up valuable time.
For more information, listen to BGF founder Michelle Ciccarelli Lerach and BGF Foundation Cultivator Christina Ng being interviewed on the “Live Local, Give Local” podcast sponsored by San Diego Gives in early August!