Revive Our Roots: Nosh, Explore, Connect
October 27 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $95
Berry Good Food and Coastal Roots Farm are thrilled to present a collaborative Sunday afternoon experience on the farm where guests are invited to nosh, explore, and connect!
- Sample delicious creations at interactive tasting stations with San Diego chefs known for sustainable sourcing
- Learn about beekeeping, permaculture, fermentation, zero waste and more at our various interactive stations
- Meet with Coastal Roots farmers to learn about their mission to cultivate healthy, connected communities by integrating sustainable agriculture, food justice, and ancient Jewish wisdom
- Mingle with Berry Good Food members who are empowering our community by building bridges between farmers, chefs, scientists, and citizens to challenge the industrial food system while advocating for access to healthy food for all
- Bid on special silent auction items and unique local culinary experiences to benefit the non-profit programming of BGF and Coastal Roots Farm
- Most important of all, connect with your friends and neighbors and learn what you can do today to make a change toward growing our local food movement!
Enjoy small plates from chefs who practice sustainable sourcing:
- Chef Andrew Bent, LOLA 55
- Chef Jamie Brawn, Homestead Solana Beach
- Chef William Eick, Matsu
- Chef Phillip Esteban, WellFed
- Chef Christopher Logan, The Plot
- Chef Lety McKenzie and Chef Dominique Chanelle, Hijas Del Maiz
- Chef JoJo Ruiz, Serẽa and Lionfish
- Chef Marcus Twilegar, locally focused chef consultant
- Chef Justin Vaiciunas, Luca at The Guild Hotel
- Chef Davin Waite, Wrench & Rodent Seabasstropub
- Chef Dakota Weiss, Sweetfin Poké and Bravo’s Top Chef alum
- Chef Giselle Wellman, Director of Culinary and Garden at San Diego Jewish Academy and Bravo’s Top Chef alum
Coastal Roots will be pouring wine made from grapes grown on the farm and Boochcraft will be serving kombucha. More wine, cocktail, and other beverage vendors to be announced soon.
Visit these interactive educational stations while enjoying LIVE MUSIC:
- Beekeeping with the San Diego County Entomology Department
- Clean Water with San Diego Coastkeeper
- Fermentation with Coastal Roots Farm
- Food as Medicine with Tiffany Holt of UCSD’s Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gleaning with Nita Kurmins Gilson of Produce Good and O’Side Kitchen Collaborative
- Pastured Chicken with Coastal Roots Farm
- Vermiculture with Green Oceanside and Bokashi Composting with Becky Mendoza of Changing Tides Foundation
- Zero Waste with Marissa Figueroa of Sonora Refillery
We are aiming to make this event as zero waste as possible with chef station composting and multi-use forks and cups. Guests are encouraged to support this effort by bringing their own reusable water bottles to fill at our water stations!
Proceeds from this special collaborative event will be shared between Coastal Roots Farm and Berry Good Food and their aligned missions to connect and support a healthy food community for all.
*For sponsorship opportunities, please email
*To volunteer, please send your resume and availability on October 27th to with the subject line “Volunteering at Revive Our Roots”